Manual Handling Experts, Occupational Therapists, Nurses & Caregivers alike are clear, they want a repositioning solution that is affordable and easy to use. The solution, Swift® from MIP, the washable, in-bed system that is also discreet and comfortable for the care receiver.
Swift® can be used in community and residential care, respite units, hospice care and some acute settings such as frail elderly, complex needs, palliative care and intensive care.
How Does Swift® Work?
The Swift® In-Bed Repositioning System features 2 elements; the UltraSlide® Bottom Sheet and the Swift® Slider, which work together to support repositioning and turning manoeuvres.
UltraSlide® Bottom Sheet: A fitted bottom sheet modified with a low-friction taffeta panel down the centre.
Swift® Slider: A friction reducing device that remains in-situ to assist with care receiver repositioning and turning in bed.
UltraSlide® Bottom Sheet
- Replaces your standard bottom sheet, available in standard and bariatric sizing.
- The stretch SleepKnit® construction means the UltraSlide® Bottom Sheet is flexible enough to fit most healthcare mattresses including profiling beds & alternating air pressure reducing mattresses.
- Carbon fibres integrated into the centre panel reduces static build up.
- Can also be used in isolation of the Swift® Sliders to encourage more independent movement
- Available in Standard Length (shoulder to hip coverage), Long Length (head-to-toe coverage) and
- Slider with Handles (head-to-toe coverage with handles to attach to a hoist if needed) all offering multidirectional movement.
- All 3 sliders are suitable for both standard and bariatric application.
- The low friction backing allows staff to reposition a person safely and easily whilst the breathable construction helps to avoid heat build up.
- The Swift® Slider’s thin profile will not impair the performance of alternating air pressure reducing mattresses and can therefore remain on the bed when not in use (tucked in), making it readily available when needed.
- Our breakthrough WhooTex® fabric ensures a soft, comfortable feel against the skin.
An in-depth guide with detailed instructions on using the Swift® System can be found here.