Thorpe Mill's emergency evacuation sheet fixes permanently to the underside of a flexible foam mattress, by the strong elastics located on the corners of the sheet. When used in an emergency, the mattress itself becomes an emergency sledge, easily allowing two individuals to evacuate a patient through doorways and down stairs to exit the building.
Due to the lifesaving nature of these devices, it is recommended that a separate evacuation sheet is used for drills and training purposes. This will ensure that the sheet used in an emergency has been exposed to minimal wear and tear.
- Enables transferring of patient in case of emergency evacuation
- Maximum carrying weight 2600kg
- Tested to a breaking strength of 26.5kN/2.6 tonnes
- Sheets can be laundered
- Fitted with 2 fastening straps to keep the patient secure during transit
- Fastening straps stored in built-in pockets
- Safety belts hold patient firmly in place during evacuation
- Only two people required for evacuation
- Universal design will suit all single beds
- Dimensions – 2000 x 900mm
- Manufactured in the UK
Please note: These sheets are not suitable for active mattresses (air mattress). If you require an evacuation sheet for an active mattress, please see the Evacuation Sheet for Active Mattress (Air Mattress).